Southwest Chicken Stir Fry
Prep: 25 minutes plus marinatingCook: 12 minutesServes: 4
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves plus additional for garnish
- 1½ teaspoons ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½-inch strips
- 1 package (16 ounces) AFS® Fresh Fajita Mix
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cups cooked instant brown rice
- Lime wedges for garnish (optional)
- In small bowl, whisk garlic, ¼ cup oil, lime juice, cilantro, coriander, salt, pepper and chipotle powder. Place chicken in large zip-top plastic bag; pour marinade over chicken. Seal bag, pressing out excess air; refrigerate at least 1 or up to 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Heat large skillet or wok over high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and chicken; cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add Fajita Mix and jalapeño; cook 4 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender. Stir in green onions; cook 3 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over brown rice; garnish with cilantro and lime wedges, if desired.
Note from Dietitian
This recipe is moderate in sodium and fat and an excellent source of vitamins A and C.
Approximate nutritional values per serving
- 408 Calories
- 13g Fat (2g Saturated)
- 63mg Cholesterol
- 185mg Sodium
- 46g Carbohydrates
- 4g Fiber
- 5g Sugars
- 0g Added Sugars
- 28g Protein