Fresh green beans tossed in a honey mustard dressing with tomatoes, arugula, and feta cheese make an irresistible salad or side dish.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans
- 1 ½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby arugula
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces feta cheese (or ¾ cup crumbles; omit for vegan)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Also, Prepare a large bowl of ice water. Trim the green beans by cutting off the stem ends.
- Add the cut beans to the boiling water and cook for 4 minutes, until just tender but still bright green.
- Remove the tender and bright green beans from the boiling water with tongs and transfer them to the bowl of ice water. After 2 minutes, remove the beans to a colander to drain and pat dry.
- Dressing: in a bowl whisk together the red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, garlic powder, and olive oil.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes and shallot.
- In a large bowl or serving dish, add the beans, dressing, cherry tomatoes, shallot, arugula, salt, and feta cheese crumbles. Lightly toss, serve, and enjoy!
Your community pharmacy is proud to serve you and your family ensuring you have health and wellness resources whenever you need them! We have many clinical and non-clinical resources to offer including our online prescriptions refills, click here to learn more!