Unfortunately, you can have repeat strep throat infections. If you’ve had it once, that does not prevent you from getting it again in the future. Taking precautions and practicing good hygiene can help minimalize your exposure to the virus.
· Cough and sneeze into your sleeve or elbow, not your hands
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds (Try singing your ABCs to count)
· Don’t share utensils, drinking cups, or plates with someone who is sick
· Replace your toothbrush after 2 days of antibiotic use
· Try not to touch your face or mouth without washing your hands
· Exercise caution around someone who thinks they might have strep
Our pharmacies offer rapid strep testing with same day results. If positive, antibiotics will be dispensed in the same visit, helping you get back to feeling better quickly. If the test comes back negative, they will recommend over-the-counter options to help ease your symptoms.
Visit any of our pharmacies to see if you have strep and get antibiotics right away.